1. Preventing transmission
The section on PREVENTING TRANSMISSION includes information on key public health measures that aim to prevent the further spread of the disease. It details how countries are advising the general public and people who (might) have the disease to prevent further spread, as well as measures in place to test and identify cases, trace contacts, and monitor the scale of the outbreak.
1.1 Health communication
On 2 March, the Minister of Health informed the public about measures taken to protect the population of Kazakhstan from coronavirus infection, including regular hygiene, treatment of face and hands.
On 22 March, the Minister of Health showed how to wash one’s hands correctly by participating in the World Health Organization Challenge from the head of the World Health Organization Dr. Tedros #SafeHands (https://www.facebook.com/byelzhan/videos/2708254092576399/).
According to the Decree of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor No. 37 of 22 May 2020, the Department of Quality and Safety of Goods and Services in Transport, the Territorial Departments of the Committee for Quality and Safety of Goods and Services, and the structural units of state revenue bodies at car checkpoints across the State Border of Kazakhstan must:
1) Carry out sanitary and educational work at transport control posts among carriers and passengers to prevent and prevent the spread of COVID-19;
2) Organize the placement of visual agitation to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as to inform passengers on loudspeakers about the prevention of COVID-19;
3) Distribute leaflets to all citizens coming from abroad on prevention of COVID-19 in conditions of threat of its import and distribution in the world;
4) Conduct public health education through the mass media on the prevention of COVID-19;
5) Conduct briefing among the staff of checkpoints at the State Border on COVID-19 prevention.
Akimats of the regions, Almaty, Nur-Sultan and Shymkent cities should:
1) Regularly inform the population on the prevention of COVID-19, taking measures to prevent panic among the population;
2) Conduct awareness-raising on the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 among the population
The structural units of the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Information and Social Development and the Ministry of Internal Affairs are involved in the process of informing the population about aspects of coronavirus infection.