1. Preventing transmission
The section on PREVENTING TRANSMISSION includes information on key public health measures that aim to prevent the further spread of the disease. It details how countries are advising the general public and people who (might) have the disease to prevent further spread, as well as measures in place to test and identify cases, trace contacts, and monitor the scale of the outbreak.
1.1 Health communication
Official advice and information is being provided regularly and addresses the following issues:
1) Information on hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, physical distancing is distributed through all mass media channels
2) Process of action for individuals with severe symptoms, who should immediately call the emergency service (113)
3) Current advice on conditions and places for testing applying for a state-paid COVID-19 testing (hotline 8303)
4) Process of action for persons with positive test results aimed at self-isolation and compliance with the quarantine requirements
5) Protection measures for persons who have recently travelled aimed at self-isolation and compliance with the quarantine requirements
6) Recommendations for international travellers
7) Medical information about the novel coronavirus
Information on outbreak severity and on emergency responses is being conveyed to the public through the following official channels:
1) The unified State Chancellery's toll-free hotline 8345 and the website www.covid19.gov.lv.
2) Ministry of Health of Latvia
3) Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (CDPC) of Latvia https://spkc.gov.lv/lv/aktualitates/get/nid/757
Population Call Center for COVID-19: 67387661 for individual consultations, open on weekdays 8.30am - 9pm, and on weekends 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4) Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia: current travel advice for travellers from Latvia
General information: https://www.mfa.gov.lv/en/component/content/article/426-visas-vestniecibas/spain-en/spain-news/65631-the-centre-s-for-disease-prevention-and-control-of-latvia-recommendations-for-a-person-who-visited-covid-19-affected-area-in-the-last-14-days?Itemid=353
5) Ministry of Finance 24-hour consular assistance to persons abroad in case of emergency
Information is updated on a daily basis and according to the measures taken in relation to the coronavirus outbreak severity and geographical distribution across Latvia.