The Slovak Republic uses a translated COVID-19 definition from the ECDC.
Suspected case requiring diagnostic testing is:
1) a patient with acute respiratory tract infection (sudden onset of at least one of the following: dry cough, fever, shortness of breath), a person with the travel history of impacted areas or a person reporting local or community transmission;
2) a patient with any acute respiratory illness and have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable COVID- 19 case in the last 14 days prior to onset of symptoms;
3) patient with severe acute respiratory infection (fever and at least one symptom of respiratory disease (eg dry cough, fever, shortness of breath) and requiring hospitalization;
4) a patient who is in domestic isolation who has a body temperature above 38 ° C for four days or more and has no travel history or has not been in a close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19;
5) a patient who is in domestic isolation and has symptoms of respiratory illness and age over 65 years
Close contact person are considered to have a high risk of exposure:
• A person living in the same household as the COVID-19 positive case;
• A person who has been in direct physical contact with a case of COVID-19 (e.g.hand shake);
• A person who has unprotected direct contact with the infectious secretions of a person with a COVID-19 positive patient (e.g. by coughing, touching used paper tissues);
• A person who has had a close contact with the COVID-19 positive case within less than 2 meters and for longer than 15 minutes;
• Person who was in an enclosed space (eg classroom, meeting room, waiting room, etc.) with a COVID-19 positive case at least for 15 minutes and distanced less than 2 meters;
• Healthcare professional or other frontline persons providing direct care/handling of the COVID-19 positive case or laboratory staff handling samples of the COVID-19 case without recommended PPE or with a possible inaccurate use of the PPE;
• airline crew members with the COVID-19 positive onboard.